This Christmas season, my mom and I dragged in our massive Christmas tree from outside and in the process, we lost a few branches. Instead of throwing them away, I decided to take the 4 branches and multiply them into enough boughs to cover our entire house (and presents) in fresh, lovely smelling pine. Below, you will see the simple directions to make boughs that you can hang anywhere from your front door to the back of chairs, and many places in between.
1. Select your branches: I chose 3 different types of evergreens for a total of 8 branches.
2. Arrange your branches: I chose the biggest branch and placed the smaller branches on top of it, trimming away excess.
3. Wrap your branches: I wrapped the ends of the branches where they are gathered together with florist wire and then florist tape. Wrap enough of both so that the branches are secure.
4. Tie a bow: I chose to wrap a red satin ribbon around the ends, but you can use anything you want.
5. Place your bough: Depending on the size of your bough, you can hang it on your front door, on the back of chairs, on the wall, on Christmas presents.