2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 cup milk
red food coloring
1 16oz tub of frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 1 muffin pan and 1 8x8in pan.
2. In a medium bowl, blend together the sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
3. Combine the flour and baking powder together and then add to the creamed mixture; mix well. Finally, stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pans.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick is inserted into it and comes out clean.
5. Let the cupcakes and cake cool completely. Then using a heart shaped cookie cutter, make cut outs from the 8×8 in cake. Frost the cupcakes and then put a heart on each one.