“I’m dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten
and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow.”
It’s hard to believe that Christmas is in 1 week. Up until today, because as I sit and type this, my view is getting whiter by the second, it definitely hasn’t felt like Christmas; the weather has been mild and there really hasn’t been any snowfall. It has been so nice not having to worry about snowy roads, scraping my car, or forgetting my mittens. I am thoroughly enjoying the extra months of being able to forage in the woods for berries and evergreens with relative ease versus last year when I had to defrost every branch because the needles were frozen together. But, here’s to hoping we have a white Christmas
That being said, since it’s so close to Christmas, here is another quick and easy DIY Christmas favor, just in case.
What you’ll need:
• Small pot or planter (I used mini terra cotta pots and painted them)
• Small evergreen branches (I used 3 small ones)
1. On each branch, remove any needles on the bottom ½ inch. Having this ½ inch of clean branch makes placing it in the dirt a lot easier.
2. Fill your pot with dirt all the way to the top edge.
3. Take the three branches and nestle them in the dirt in the center of the pot.